Tuesday, February 18, 2014

District Calendar

Last night the Central School Board met and held a work session pertaining to the district calendar.  I proposed 2 revised drafts and the board chose a draft that aligned to the feedback we received from you, the community.  I believe everyone will be happy with this draft and I thank everyone for their feedback.

I will be meeting with our District Leadership Team to work out some of the details, then I will host another public forum on Thusday, February 27th, at 7:00pm located in the Central Auditorium.  Please try to attend as I believe you will be pleased with what we came up with.

The Central School Board will be putting together an Ad Hoc committee to explore calendar options to better meet the needs of 21st century students.  Just today, Wisconsin announced legislation to give districts the flexibility to move away from the traditional calendar.  This is similar to the legislation Iowa passed last year.  Our students deserve a public education that meets their needs, not one that met ours.  If you would like to be a part of the process in developing this, please let me know.  All members have to be approved by the board.

1 comment:

  1. Please note that I changed the public forum meeting from Tuesday of next week to Thursday. Same time and place. I apologize for this change but Central is hosting district basketball games on Tuesday night. See everyone Thursday!

    ReplyDelete