Friday, March 20, 2015

Still no news...

As Central looks at wrapping up the 3rd quarter, we still have no news on what our level of funding for next year will be or even when we will be able to start the 2015/16 school year.  Many of you have contacted me this past week in regards to these two items.  I can only say I wish I had better news, but from everything I am being told and reading there appears to be zero movement by our elected officials on these two items.

This is extremely unfair for property owners who will have their taxes increased due to no state funding.  It is also unfair to families who are trying to plan summer vacations and events.

I can't stress enough how much of a difference parents can make.  Politicians aren't threatened by me "the superintendent" when I share our needs and concerns.  But when parents get angry, things get done really quickly in Des Moines.  Please, please, please make contact with our local representatives and tell them our children deserve nothing less than 4% state supplemental aid and our elected school boards should have the power to set a calendar that meets our local needs.

Simply click the name of our representatives below and send a quick email saying you are a parent and your children deserve to be put first not last.

Michael Breitbach - Senate Republican
Darrel Branhagen - House Republican
Patti Ruff - House Democrat

No comments:

Post a Comment