Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Positive note from Central City's Superintendent

I received the following email from Central City Superintendent Tim Cronin.  I love getting emails like this and I am proud of our Central athletes and coaching staff for being a "class-act" both on and off the field.  I hope you enjoy this as much as I did!

Nick
Thought I'd pass this along.  Quite honestly, part of the reason I went to the game bc I was thinking you guys would score a 100 and run up the score.  As I retold people over the weekend, you were up 62-0 and no points were scored in an obvious attempt to run up the score.  Thanks.
Nice note below.
Take care.
Tim
 
 
Dan, I am Jason Mclaughlin, Central City Jr-Sr High principal.  I wanted to let you know so that you can pass this along, but you guys were class acts on Friday night at our football game.  I am not sure if you were there or not, but if you weren't, you guys were up 62-0 at halftime.  

Our kids/team has really struggled this year, but they are working hard.  You guys could have really put the wood to us second half but did not.  We appreciate not putting our kids in a position where they are read about giving up 100 points or something crazy like that.  

Anyway, thanks a lot for the great sportsmanship that your kids and coaches showed Friday night. We really appreciate it and it shows a lot of class.  Your kids worked hard, they are a tough team, but they are also very good sports and it is nice to see.  Good luck to you guys the rest of the season and good luck in the playoffs.  Hopefully you can hoist up that trophy at the end of the year, we will be rooting for you. 
Jason McLaughlin
 

No comments:

Post a Comment